20 March 2012

Daredevil - Prep: The Angel (2) - Re-staging

The secondary prepwork on the angel is now on its way to being done. . .

First step was to re-stage the angel. And by this I mean adding a pedestal. This was accom- plished with a Reality in Scale product from their Pedestal Set, acquired from the good folks at Military Miniatures Warehouse--AWESOME PRODUCT. . . AWESOME SERVICE! The pedestal was undercut per my usual, and leveled. The angel was tapped and tentatively mounted with 1/8" tin solder.

Next, I pegged both of DD's legs, and I glued the right wing in place. I dealt with some of the re-detailing of the feather-work prior to gluing, but I am not overly concerned as this is a sculpture exposed to the elements. Once I work out the preliminaries in the mating of right foot to wing, I will glue the left wing in place, and address the left foot's fit to the wing.

Stay tuned!

FOLLOW-UP - 21.03.2012. . . I was forced to change the approach somewhat: the left wing is now permanently attached. I then fitted the legs to the wings and adjusted DD's pose to my satisfaction. Next, I packed the areas under the balls of his feet with MS to establish his "perch": that is now curing. Once that is done and all checks out, I will begin to refine the details and surface finish on DD's feet and the coverts along the respective humeri. All in all, I'm quite pleased. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment