23 March 2012

Daredevil - Prep: The Angel (2a) - Re-staging (cont.)

Just completed my third readjustment of the "perch". . . hopefully, it is the charm and not the third strike! Everything else is coming along nicely, albeit incrementally. . . and not always sequentially. For example, I decided to reposition the head -- after I had already permanently attached it! The stock subject figure is simply too symmetrical--which makes the whole pre- sentation appear like a strawberry tootsie-roll pop about to tip over! A symmetrical attitude would have worked splendidly on an open air structure (e.g., gargoyle--yes, I was tempted, but I'm already working a gargoyle into the Moon Knight presentation. . . ); but unless I was willing to completely resculpt the wings of the angel (NOT!), I would have to work with what is before me--and never forget that I am dealing with a blind subject!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment