07 March 2010

"Rebuffed!"--Intermezzo

While I decide which aspect of the project will command my attention next, I've "worked a little here, worked a little there" on the following:
  • Put in the Bride's eyes.
  • Roughed-out the deltoids on the Bride's left arm, and further adjusted the fit of the repositioned arm.
  • Began work on the Monster's left hand, repositioning the first two fingers and fusing them.
  • Began work on the boots. This was an area I did not expect to have to spend too much time on, but was I wrong!
So what's next? As I mentioned at the outset, I'm not sure; but I think now that I've begun to work on the boots, I might try to get the pants to that all-but-done stage.

Stay tuned!

FOLLOW-UP
The Bride has to be next. . .

How tall was Elsa Lanchester? How tall was the Bride?? These are the questions. . .

I'll keep this brief, as it is late. Ms. Lanchester's male supporters in her iconic role were all approximately 6' tall. Karloff in full costume was approximately 6'4" in height--5-6" taller than in stocking feet. Yet the Bride is distinctly taller than all of them!

Elsa Lanchester was just under 5'5" tall. From everything I have read, Whale had her use stilts to elevate her height to a towering 7'!

Thus any posing of the Monster will have to wait until the position of the Bride's left arm is finalized and securely keyed. . .

UPDATE--10.03.10
  • The Bride's left arm has been fitted, keyed, and is ready to go.
  • The Monster's right arm has been permanently attached, and I have begun to build-up the right shoulder with MS.
  • The Monster's legs have been locked in place, and all cuts, etc. filled. I am reasonably certain that, save for extending the pant legs over the boots, the putty work on the pants has been concluded.
  • Finalized the face. . . I now have Karloff as The Monster in The BoF before me!
UPDATE--11.03.10
  • The Monster's right boot is now awaiting final reduction (of putty) and finishing. A dramatic improvement--as forthcoming images will attest--that will sadly go largely unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment