06 March 2010

"Rebuffed!": The Monster's Head--Graphic Update #2


(click to enlarge)

UPDATE--07.03.10
EUREKA!!! Or should that be, "IT'S ALIVE!!!"

Just completed what are the final facial tweaks, and I am delighted! There will probably be minor "adjustments' once the hair and the bolts are in place, but I anticipate these to be minor, at worst.

This is my second 1/8 scale head of Karloff in an iconic Universal role, the first being the mummified Im-ho-tep. Ever a challenge. . . ever a pleasure!

2 comments:

  1. Augie,

    Your beautful work never ceases to amaze me. Your creation of the creatures battered and disheveled face and head is spot on!!:-))

    It is Karloff's image from BoF in 3-D to a tee!! I look forward to the progress of this project with great anticipation!!!:-))))

    Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear friend. Your support and encouragement is deeply appreciated.

    I am delighted you like it, based on what you can see. I assure you it is much more impressive in person! The camera has a way of flattening the image when shooting macro, and I have yet to get a handle on the lighting with the new camera.

    I haven't spent much time at the bench this weekend--work, work on the house/studio, etc. etc. etc.; but I will hopefully be able to make amends this week.

    Best to you and the family,

    A~

    ReplyDelete