16 March 2010

"The Wolf Man"--Resumption

Hard to believe that it has been over 7 months since I have spent any appreciable time on my first major overhaul of an injected-styrene monster kit. . .

When I left off, I stated that "the Wolf Man (save for the trap and reworking the hands and feet) is in the final stages of finishing". . . That turns out to have been a bit of an overstatement; or a statement made without the benefit of sufficient distance to critically see what was actually before me. Unlike when I returned to Nosferatu, there is considerably more work to be done before this project can be deemed to be on the home stretch: more reworking--and only then the refinement.

Most of my efforts will be spent on the upper half of the figure: head and torso. Re: the former, not a particularly strong likeness; never was. A definite improvement over the stock item, but not what I am striving for; hence, "Wolfie" will spend some time 'at the salon' getting the coiffure reworked. ADDENDUM: The mouth will be reworked to depict a partially opened grimace of pain.

As to the torso, still very much a work ip, but getting there. For starters, the forearms have been extended about 5mm, give or take. Next, the drapery. This is still a few sessions away from the refinement stage, but I'm beginning to see a glimmer in the distance.

What of the lower half? Definitely ready for finishing. As are the hands! This was a pleasant surprise.

More to follow. . .

UPDATE--20.03.10
I have removed the visible dentition and opened the oral activity in preparation for the aforementioned modification.

I have also begun work on the trap. This is going to be a major sub-project unto itself, if only because of my overall lack of familiarity with the operational details of the mechanism. . . FOLLOW-UP which have now been addressed. Now to decide from what materials to construct the trap components. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment