19 July 2010

Mrs. Wilhemina Harker, née Murray - LXG

There is something about Smart Max's Miss Ticklenott that would not let me walk away and forget. . .

So what could be done with this enticing Victorian damsel? Well, an East End "Ladybird" was certainly a possibility, but that would remove the piece from its inherent 'alternate reality'. And then it struck me... why not use it as a base for my favourite character in one of my favourite movies (despite all its shortcomings--and there were many!) and comic book series: Mrs. Wilhemina Harker, née Murray from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!

The figure is now before me (thanks, Chuck!) and it is yet another Smart Max masterpiece! This is essentially a one piece casting: only the biologically mashed-up left arm, the portable "scrubber", and of course the base, are separate. Careful surgery will remove the symbiont creature from the left arm and free the right hand, while the "scrubber" will be relegated to the Steampunk spares. That leaves me to come up with a left hand--or a suitable substitute.

I am not at all certain of how I intend to proceed. Which suits me just fine. . . let the ideas simmer and spice 'em up to taste as needed. . .

To be continued. . .

FOLLOW-UP

The symbiote has been dealt with, and the left arm is about 70% "clean". . . Researching Victorian ladies' fashion has been a real eye opener. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment