11 July 2010

Smart Max's Jeremiah Crow--UPDATE (2)

Despite an unforeseen setback, progress has been made on all fronts. . .

While allowing some glazing putty to dry, I began to work on the accessory pieces: spade, lamp, sabre, and pistol. The spade cleans up beautifully and quickly. The lamp will be finicky work, but should clean-up nicely.

The sabre, though an easy clean-up, will not be used: it doesn't "work". Instead, I intend to replace it with a kukri.

And now for the setback. Upon close inspection, I noticed that the jaws and the frizzen of the inner lock were missing: these were probably lost upon demolding. I had two options: attempt to restore the missing items; or ignore it and hope that nobody notices, very likely given the scale size of the items in question. You know which option I chose:


The reworked items are in "white". There is still some minor clean-up to be done on the MS, but all-in-all, I am very pleased. And once again the resin proved tougher than it appears!

FOLLOW-UP

Save for the pre-priming once-over, the pistol is now done! In addition to sanding down the remnant of the casting sprue at the butt of the gun and cleaning-up the pommel, I very carefully drilled out both barrels--successfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment