09 July 2010

Smart Max's Jeremiah Crow--UPDATE

As you might have read in the Comments in the previous posting, work on this little gem is underway. I would reiterate that the resin used is much harder than I originally surmised: sharp blades and bits are a must! Much of the work is being done 'manually' with an X-acto blade--better control and no chance of overheating.

The legs are now pegged and have been transferred to the working base. Save for the head, the main components of the kit can be dry-assembled simply be carefully snapping and/or pressing into place. Most impressive.

Still formulating the painting strategy, but I can safely say that most of the pieces will be painted prior to assembling. The superb design of the kit, at least of the major components, was obviously devised with this approach in mind.

I am guessing that I am still at least a few weeks away from priming, which is fine by me as I am still working out the colour scheme. One thing I know for sure is that he will not have a Bavarian/sky blue great coat!

More to follow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment