24 July 2010

Viking Varulv - PLANNING (I)

Only mad dogs will be found outside in this infernal heat, and I have a complete kit before me. . . time to have some fun!

First thing I did was "cull the kit". Of the original 17 pieces comprising the kit, I am keeping 13--auspicious number given the subject, don't you think? Scabbarded sword, axe, shield, and the separately cast portion of the guige have been relegated to the spares bin. Joining them will be the brandished sword (minus grip, of course) which has been removed (via jeweler's saw) from the right hand, though this might find its way back as a groundwork accessory. . .

Following the preparatory minor surgery on the right hand (including drilling out the hole for the spear that will replace the sword), I began to remove the now superfluous belting from the torso: I would say I am 85%, give or take, through this process. Most of what remains will be dealt with when I begin the putty work on the chest.

That pretty much covers the preliminary legwork of this project. As much as I would like to assemble the head-torso-legs, I have to restrain myself as there is extensive reworking of the legs to be done. Once that is done, I can decide if I will reconfigure the chest or not. . .

More to follow. . .

1 comment:

  1. Augie,

    It ALL sounds very intriging!! Give me more....give me more!!!!!!!!

    love the whole Concept of this project. i'll be following it very closely to be sure.

    ReplyDelete