19 January 2011

Red Skull - Painting (III) - Pts. 1 & 2

Pt. 1 - The inside of the trench-coat is now done. As in most instances of what we do, the simplest solution proved to be the best. With the Dk. Iron basecoat completely dry/cured, I simply brushed on a medium coat of Brown Madder, and then brushed off the excess with a fluffy #5 Filbert. PERFECT!

While I was at it, I also took care of the inner leather seam along the length of the split in the tails. Save for some minor pre-painting along the length of the edges of the trench-coat, it is all-but-ready to be permanently attached to the body.

Pt. 2 - A most satisfying session painting the black tunic. I imagine there will be some "touch-ups" (tweaks to the shading and high- lighting) once the trench-coat is attached, but for now I am VERY pleased. Straightforward application of oils, using a mix of Ivory Black and Lamp Black for the basecoat and deepest tone, and "brought-up" with Liquitex Parchment.

1 comment: