17 January 2011

Doctor Doom - Painting (II)

On to the painting in earnest!

Today was dedicated to the shading and outlining of the leg harnesses. While I am extremely pleased with what is now before me, I am fully aware that the metallics are going to require repeated sessions to get the lighting and sheen just right, especially as I am working on a disassembled figure.

Those of you who know me might have been a bit shocked at my choice of metallic lacquer, namely Chrome Silver. I'll be the first to admit that it was a bit of a leap of faith, but since we are dealing with a nuclear powered, computer assisted, titanium-alloy battle suit forged by Tibetan monks (at least in the original version), I don't believe mere natural weathering would have been in order. . . In any event, careful shading reduced the toy-like glare to a rich, vibrant surface sheen.

I decided to forgo pushing on with the arm harnesses, as these are will require relatively little brushwork and are much more impacted by their permanent locations; hence they will be addressed during final wrap-up.

Tomorrow, I will spend some time with "greens": Doom's tunic and RS's breeches. Until then. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment