25 January 2011

Dr. Harleen Quinzel, bka HARLEY QUINN

In all haste. . . I just wanted to share with you that I have just received a bust of DC's favourite female jester, Harley Quinn from the same source as the Jones "Vampire Bat" and the female Scorpion.

As with all of the busts in question, this three-piece bust is cast in my favourite PUR and the casting quality is a solid A. There are a few very small air bubbles to contend with, but in all honesty, these are hardly worth mentioning, and I suspect most modelers would miss them altogether.

The likeness is [loosely?] based on the classic Alex Ross portrait of the Joker and Harley, Tango with Evil. Say what you will, the 3-dimensional rendition is that of a more mature, seasoned? Harley that resonates with this miniaturist.

Any shortcomings? No, not really. I am not crazy about the way the right "horn" of her jester's cap was engineered (this is the third piece of the casting), but nothing to fret over. And yes, I will be reducing the height of the pedestal while introducing a bit of a nod to German Expressionism--you'll see what I mean shortly.

Back to the bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment