18 January 2011

Red Skull - Painting (II)

As I mentioned in an earlier posting, today would be a "Green Day"...

Just completed the Feldgrau breeches on the Red Skull. Times like this make me appreciate "fantasy" figures more than I can say: while I believe my interpretation of Feldgrau is more than acceptable, I certainly don't want to engage in a tit-for-tat with a self-proclaimed Farbexperte. . .

Speaking of expert opinions, perhaps it is time to provide an overall colour scheme. I have alrea- dy pointed out some of the changes I made re: rank and insignia. Hopefully this alone will clue the viewer that I played the historical foundation of this piece rather loosely. If not, then a black(!) late-war field tunic worn over Feldgrau breeches is certain to cause some consternation. . .

Time for a break. . . Next up: Doom!

2 comments:

  1. Augie,

    This piece is coming along nicely!1 I can't wait to see ip shots if time permits. I understand completely if time doesn't as I know you are trying to paint as time and work allows.

    You have done a very good job of bringing the RS to life as far as I'm concerned Like you have said, the beauty of fantasy/comic characters are that every artist,whether two dimensional or three dimensional ,can have their own interpretation of a specific character. By doing that the character is represented by how they see him/her and not etched in stone.

    Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, cher!

    If the sheen mostly burns-off by the weekend, I'll try to squeeze-in a photo-shoot when I rearrange things for the next go-round.

    Too true! Too true!! With all the retcons and reboots, stylistic (graphic vs. animated vs. anime/manga) variants, and now the big screen(!), virtually anything goes! Which on the one hand, makes it a bit frustrating; but on the other, provides virtually unlimited freedom of expression--and interpretation.

    Back to the bench!

    ReplyDelete