27 January 2011

Red Skull - Painting: Intermezzo (2)

In all haste, a quick update re: my first day back with the brushes since the weekend. It was basically a session with metallics--silver to be precise, in anticipation of the joining of trench-coat to body. . . hopefully this weekend.

This evening, I painted the piping and insignia on the collar patches; the Anti-Partisan Badge and the edging of the EK1; and finally the belt buckle.

Prior to attaching the trench-coat, I will have to completely outline the work done today and paint the aforementioned length of the edges of the trench-coat: this is on tomorrow's to-do list.

More to follow. . .

UPDATE- 28.01.11. . . All the metalwork done yesterday is now outlined and "tight". While I was at it, I went ahead a wrapped-up the RK-OL-S. The figure is now ready to accept the trench-coat once the latter is ready. Stay tuned. . .

UPDATE- 29.01.11. . . The preliminary painting on the trench-coat has been completed and I couldn't be more pleased! Reviewing yesterday's work, I noticed that I still hadn't done the visible shirt collar, so I went ahead and took care of that. The trench-coat has been under the lamps since late afternoon, so if all goes as planned, the Red Skull will be assembled tomorrow.

UPDATE- 30.01.11. . . The Red Skull is now assembled, and ready to commence Phase II of painting. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment