29 January 2010

"Der Vampyrjäger"-PAINTING: Resumption

I would refer those of you unfamiliar with this work to:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/eph2/messages/?msg=508.1

For now, happy reading. The ip work has been moved to the painting table, and I will hopefully be able to get some--albeit limited--quality time in over the weekend. As I mentioned in my last posting, I am unable to engage in any photography at the moment, but hopefully this will change within a week or so.

Until then. . .

FOLLOW-UP
When I received my sample of the kit, it was essentially "OEM"; thus, the "spiky" elements (2 spurs and the terminal spike of the aspergillum) were not included. I have just concluded making these missing elements: the spurs from resin rod, and the terminal spike from bamboo. Though the original mythology called for a solid silver aspergillum, I felt that a wooden spike would not only add chromatic interest, but be truer to the title of the work. Keep in mind that whether silver, wood--or iron, the spike was interchangeable in keeping with the nature of the quarry.

The kit is now complete. . .

2 comments:

  1. Augie,

    I'm very much looking forward to it!! This is another superb project in a long line of other worldly ones. I will be following it with GREAT anticipation my friend. :-))))

    Until then.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear friend. As am I.

    I am hoping to have the cuirass, and possibly the bridle-gauntlet, all-but-done before Monday, but I am largely at the mercy of the weather for the next 72 hrs.

    Still, he has made it to the painting table, and that can only mean good things are right around the corner. . .

    Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete