15 January 2010

Monarch Nosferatu--PAINTING (III): Oils 3--The Face (II)

The face is now done!

This has been one of the most enjoyable and challenging undertakings in quite a while, if only because of the radical departure from my usual [human] fleshtones palette. Also, I used mostly transparent colours to allow the undercoat to "bias" the base colour, something that I will have to keep in mind when I return to the "mortal" world. There remains quite a bit of "tweaking" to be done, but this will have to wait until the oils have dried and the head is permanently attached.

I also went ahead and painted the left hand. Considerably more "tweaking" will need to be done to this extremity, but the bulk of the work is done.

FOLLOW-UP
The left hand is all-but-done, and the cravat is now painted. Once the latter is "dry", I will permanently attach the head.

Images to follow over the weekend. . .

1 comment:

  1. Augie,

    This all sounds VERY exciting!! When can we expect to see some ip shots of your "undead" skin, shall we say fleshtones, in the FLESH!!!!:-):-):):-) CAN'T WAIT MY FRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete