19 January 2010

Nosferatu redux: the provenance

As we draw nigh to the completion of this project, I wish to share with you the provenance and inspiration for this "rework":


Yes, yes. . . I know: wouldn't it be great if there were a figure of Hutter. . . ? ;-)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the readership for their attentive viewing, and especially those who have been so generous with their comments. Any attempt at an sbs in a blog format is trying at best for all concerned, and your perseverance and patience is very much appreciated.

Back to the bench!

Augie

2 comments:

  1. Augie,

    Thanks so much for showing us the film footage of the provenance for this magnificant piece. This helps me tie it all together!! I can't wait to view the completed figure. Bravo my friend!!:-):-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci, mon cher! Not much longer now. All that is left to paint is the nightcap: there are a quite a few areas the require further attention, principally the right hand and the errant vermin, but otherwise the piece can be truly deemed done! I'll hopefully have images up by month's end.

    Augie

    ReplyDelete