02 January 2010

Monarch Nosferatu--PAINTING--Workbench Interlude (I)

In an earlier posting, I made mention of rats:
Finally, all the rats have been assembled: the kit-provided rats remind me more of long-nosed muskrats than rats, so I replaced them all--and added some--from the Aurora Customizing Monster sets. I know this will deviate from the scene upon which I am basing the figure, but they are a must for any number of reasons.
So while the undercoated body and the primed hands are curing, I decided to start tackling the vermin.

I initially conceived of a "mini-plague" of rats, but have since decided that such an assembly would be ultimately counterproductive. So the number has been reduced to three: two fairly stock with very minor alterations, if any; and a radically reanimated third.

The latter was done by making three parallel cuts into the trunk of the body between the forelegs and hind legs, and carefully bending the body until the edges of the sections touched. This position was then tacked in place with superglue. Tomorrow, I will fill the gaps, etc. (using MS), and the third rat will join its companions for texturing and detailing.

UPDATE
The reanimated rat is now filled and curing under the lamps. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment