17 January 2010

Monarch Nosferatu--PAINTING--GRAPHIC UPDATE





Here are some "teasers" of the work to-date. There is still much to be done in terms of finishing, etc. (e.g., I haven't even glazed the eyes yet), but hopefully it will serve as an appetizer for what is to follow shortly.

UPDATE
Since the above was posted, I have glazed the eyes, re-glazed the flesh-tones, completed the buttons and lacing, and airbrushed the groundwork. . .

Definitely on the home stretch. . .

FOLLOW-UP
The figure has now been permanently transferred to its display base. Tomorrow, the keys. . .

UPDATE (2)
The left hand is now painted, which, save for the keys and the nightcap, just about concludes the brush work on this piece. The keys are next (yes, I've been putting it off). . .

5 comments:

  1. Really great work on this Augie. I really enjoy seeing this as it comes along.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my friend. While I can't speak too highly for the hastily taken shots, I can assure you the best is yet to come. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, really looking forward to the finished piece. Hardy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Augie,

    His face looks AWESOME!! I love the skintones on his face. You have captured the "undead" effect-SPOT ON!!!:-):-) I look forward to more pictures as he continues to progress. Keep'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to you both!

    Just moved the keys from the workbench to the painting bench. It's early enough that I should be able to get done what I have planned, but with the "9-5" looming large on the horizon, it's a race against the clock.

    In any event, I should be able to wrap this puppy up by next weekend, and make room for the Vampyrjäger on the painting table.

    Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete