26 February 2011

Batwoman

One of my acquisitions at this year's Show was one of the two Batgirls from the same series as the "Vampire Bat" and Harley Quinn.

 (This is the pair beautifully painted by Jim Capone. . . our subject is on the right)

As with all of the busts that I either have or have seen in this series, this one-piece casting is a solid A/A+. The only reason it is not a resounding A+ is because of a single stray air bubble on the chin.

I am not a huge Batgirl fan--though I am warming-up to the later incarnations. Having said that, there was something about this bust that was quite compelling. So I decided that I would "per- sonalize" it and effect the relatively minor mods that would transform her into Batwoman.

To date, I have reduced the height of the pedestal by half, and I have roughed-in the "horned" mask à la Huntress. This remains a separate item and will not be permanently attached until the bust is ready for priming--if then. . .

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment