06 February 2011

Doctor Doom - Painting (VII)

Those of you following this thread know that this has been a less than stellar weekend for me; but I finally felt well enough this afternoon to at least suffer through what lay before me.

Before what passed for lunch, I set the eyes and attached the clasp chains--the former I will revisit later in the week to see what, if any, improvements might be had. The latter were challenging, but completed without complication. All that remains to be done is the highlighting and final hard-contrast reflective shading of the mantle's hardware.

After the afternoon repast, I decided to permanently attach the arms. In other words, I finally have a fully-assembled figure before me!!! Which means Phase II painting is now completed. The eighth installment in this project will launch Phase III and Final Wrap-up. . .

Until then. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment