20 February 2011

Looking ahead in 2011. . . revision

The 2011 Atlanta Show is now behind me. I hope everyone had/has an uneventful and safe trip home.

All in all, an overwhelmingly successful event, and the Fantasy category infused a much-needed dose of "fresh air"--this coming from hard-core "historicists", most of whom were approaching this as their last Atlanta Show unless "something" was done. Mission accomplished.

With the annual rendezvous behind me, I am compelled to revise the originally published tentative slate for 2011. Here goes. . .

1) Gambit (Knight Models 75mm) -- already transferred to the bench!
2) Red Skull (Jaguar Models' 1/12th scale conversion)
3) Harley Quinn (1/9th scale)
4) Batwoman (1/9th scale conversion)
5) Jeremiah Crow (Smart Max 'Smog 1888')
6) Stellio "Firedrake" Salamandra [Steampunk (SP) flamethrower] (Milit Models 54mm conversion)
7) Divio "Mad Dog" Juckal [SP vârcolac] (Smart Max 'Smog 1888')
Red Skull, Harley, and Batwoman are busts.

As always, subject--and quite likely!--to change.

And as always, I hope you will find something of interest in the above--I look forward to your comments and observations.

Back to the bench!!

A~

4 comments:

  1. Bienvenu au blog, Mathieu!

    The pleasure--and honour!--were all mine! Congratulations on the well-deserved Phoenix Award!!

    Hope to see you next year!

    Augie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent assessment of the show my friend! Herr Skull was awesome and can't wait to see one of my all time favorites - GAMBIT!
    Dave W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard, Dave! May it be the first of many!!

    Thank you, my friend--on all counts! I felt the assessment was fair and accurate. It was a helluva'n introduction: now let's see what Chapter 1 has in store for the community!

    As to M. LeBeau, he is anxiously awaiting the first coats of acrylics (undercoating). As he is ready for the brushes--even the groundwork is done!--I hope that will increase the chances of a more graphic sbs.

    Again, welcome, my friend. Good to have you on board!

    Augie

    ReplyDelete