20 February 2011

Divio "Mad Dog" Juckal, Vârcolac of The Wheel

Divio "Mad Dog" Juckal is a Romano/Sinto werewolf in the Smog 1888 alternate reality. For those who would like to read about the back- ground story, you may do so here (Home>Smog>The Wheel). And the "boxart" may be seen here.

A dear friend and patron presented me with this figure at the Show. And I am delighted that he did: this is a beauty of a kit!! Cast in 8 pcs. + cobblestone plinth in a dark grey polyvinyl resin, I received an exquisite casting with but 3 airholes in non-critical areas. Fit is very good--some minor mold wear precluded a seamless fit; but nothing major. In fact, all corrective filling has already been taken care of, and the torso has been permanently attached to the legs.

More to follow. . . !

FOLLOW-UP . . . The head and tail have been permanently attached, and the figure pegged and mounted on its workbase. All that remains to be done before priming is minor seam clean-up and feathering the fur along the join seams.

FOLLOW-UP (2) - 22.02.11 . . . The furred join seams have been filled and textured. Once I finish seam clean-up and some minor re-detailing, this one will be ready for priming. Maybe by the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Augie,

    You know how much I love this kit!! I'm going to follow this project very closely. I'm also pleased to hear you say that the casting you got is very good and are already moving forward on the project!!

    I look forward to future posting on this wonderful figure!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guy!!!

    It's really a beautiful casting, with many subtleties that can be exploited to create something truly special.

    I will spend some time researching London at the time of Jack the Ripper: the groundwork has to be just right for this piece. I also have to give some thought to the colour scheme, and how to back-tie it into my elaboration of the basic storyline.

    What more could one ask for in a kit???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Augie,

    That sounds really good. I can't believe how quickly you are moving along on this project. I think it would be fantastic if you were to be able to prime this neat little puppy by the weekend!!

    Dare I think you might actually start painting on a figure before the Fall!! :-)) That would be OUTSTANDING!!!

    I'll keep watching this wonderful thread my friend!! Keep going, and going......!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no reason--at this point--why he shouldn't be ready for priming by the weekend. Now. . . whether or not the primer gets sprayed is a different matter altogether. . .

    As to the paint slinging. . . that is still quite a bit away's. I have to design the groundwork and get that squared-away before I proceed much further. Then there is the research regarding the costume. . .

    I wanted to get a head start on this one, and leave myself plenty of time to realize my vision of the piece. If only because I know full well disposable time will be at a premium this year. Fortunately, this figure--this casting--is a dream to work!

    We'll see how things develop. . .

    ReplyDelete