12 February 2011

Red Skull - Painting: Intermezzo (3)

I'll be the first to admit that I have been mired in a morass of uncertainty re: the staging of The Red Skull. The what and why just wouldn't gel. But with less than a week to go--and no rsvp from my groundwork Muse--it was time to take matters into my own hands.

And so, most of this morning was spent prepping the display base and making the groundwork. Lest the imagination start running wild, I will say that the groundwork is a simple slab of poured, finished concrete--or a facsimile thereof once I have it painted. Is that it? No, not as of this writing; but more on that when the time comes. . .

And now, if you'll excuse me, I must repair to the Bat-cave. . .

FOLLOW-UP - 13.02.11. . . After careful consideration of what lay ahead, I decided to go ahead and paint the groundwork (Phase I), and permanently attach the figure to its display base. Those of you who know me know that this is most definitely not the way I normally work, but there you have it: three pieces mounted on their display bases long before I would normally effect the transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment