25 February 2011

POLL--Grading our blog!--CLOSED

Out first poll is now closed. I would like to thank the 8 respondents who took the time to participate, and, as always, to Lloyd for his comments.

So how did we--the blog and I--do? Well, 2 "Great"s, 5 "Not bad"s, and 1 "Could be much better". As there was but one comment, I can only guess at what I might do to improve the experience.

As I mentioned in the presentation of the poll, I am aware that the site is light on images. While I will strive to improve my performance on this front, I will be completely candid with you and tell you that any improvement will be relative. My disposable time is extremely limited, and if I have to choose between photography and photo-editing, and modelling or painting, the photography will lose every time!

Secondly, I am not particularly graphics driven. I have touched upon this on numerous occasions in writing and verbally with those of you who know me well. I respect your counter-arguments, and they are not without merit; however, my experience as the host of a forum for over a decade, and now this blog, is that images will not yield a greater level of participation. Images in this context are but a visual aid, not a means to an end. I have my own theory on how forums and blogs should work, and I have yet to receive a post or a comment that ties in the images of the completed piece, which I always provide, with the descriptive text that preceded it. . . I know many will disagree with me, and that is your privilege.

So. . . again, my thanks for your participation. Maybe we'll do this again in a year's time and see if we can elicit a greater response--and improve the scores some!

Augie

No comments:

Post a Comment