11 February 2011

The eyes have it. . .

By way of update, I'm about ready to begin Phase II of the eyes on the Bat and the Red Skull. The former will not be completed until later next week, as it will involve some "special effects" that are uncharted territory for me; the latter should be ready for glazing by Sunday. . .

FOLLOW-UP. . . The Red Skull's eyes are now ready for glazing. With the eyes done, I went ahead and completed painting the lower portions of the cranium and jawline, and permanently attached the head.

2 comments:

  1. Uncharted territory," special effects!!?? I know some paints "glow-in-dark.' Is that what you have in mind? The eyes on this piece are SO prominent. I was wondering what you had in mind. It sounds fascinating. I look forward to seeing to what end you have in mind for the vampire-bat's orbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All things come to those who wait. . . " ;-)))

    Now you know me well enough that I'm not going to divulge what I have in mind before it's done ;-); but I will say that your assumption is partially correct: fluorescent paint is involved--though not as much as you might think. Let's face it, without a black light, you're only going to get limited mileage out of that medium.

    You'll see the standard paint application in the ip shot next. The SFX will be applied Wednesday or Thursday--or maybe even Friday morning.

    Until then. . .

    ReplyDelete