15 February 2011

Vampire Bat - Painting (V)

Once I returned to the bench and took stock of what was still left to be done, I felt a disquieting surge of what could only be described as panic--or as I prefer to describe it, adrenaline. And so, without so much as changing my clothes, I loaded up the airbrush and went to work on the Bat's eyes.

Mission accomplished! Things went A LOT better than anticipated-- thank God for Vallejo Model Air!--and I am 90% satisfied with the results. And it certainly does create the effect I was striving for!*

So. . . with the airbrushes cleaned and put away, it's time to get back on familiar ground and get ready for what will be close to an all- nighter. . .

*EERIE! I have it lit by ambient light--effectively, low-key lighting: the lamps are on the other pieces hopefully speeding things along-- and it is positively eerie!

FOLLOW-UP . . . The craggy pedestal is now done. A few minor touch-ups and tweaks might still be in order, but these--if any--can be addressed during the pre-Show final once-over. All that remains to be done on the Bat is the face. . .

Time for a little gnosh, maybe 40 winks. . . and then back at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment